Main Resume Page
2001-2003 (temporary placements) Various Positions, Kelly Services
- Labour in a GE (General Electric) warehouse
- Hand weeded fields for Bayer CropScience (2003)
- Participated as Labourer in a PVC Recycling program with Carolina Plastics (subcontracting to IPEX)
- Three week placement as Night Data Entry Clerk at Imperial Oil's Strathcona Refinery during the 2002 turnaround
- Devised a more efficient method of updating completion status of work items in the project database. My supervisor, originally scheduled for a full shift was able to leave almost every day after only a few hours.
05/2000 - 05/2003 (part-time) Front End Supervisor, Station Square IGA, Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Station Square IGA (name changed to Station Square Sobeys), is a franchise of the national grocery retailer.
- Direct supervision of over 15 Cashiers and Courtesy Clerks ( in a store employing 160 persons.)
- Created management policies with the owners
- Maintain a high level of customer service and safety, both within the store and in the adjacent parking area
- Ensure an accurate cash balance for the store at the beginning and end of a given shift
- Verify and correct cashier till reports, then prepare bank deposits
- Provide "trouble-shooter" service for problems related to store tills, computers, staff training, and shift replacements
- Covered shifts on short notice
2000, 2001, 2002 (summer terms) STS-2 Stores Person, 7 CFSD
7 CFSD (Canadian Forces Supply Depot) is a warehouse supplying the Canadian Forces.
- Optimized the receiving process for a special project (2001 term). The new process:
- Resulted in more efficient use of space than the original process
- Took half the time, while using one quarter the manpower
- Reduced the risk of personal injury
- Operated forklifts, power jacks, stock pickers, electric tractors, re-palletizers, and automatic wrapping machines as required
- Verified identity and quantities of items being received.
* Simultaneously working three jobs and attending one night course in both summers of 2001 and 2002 is an accomplishment noteworthy enough to merit a special "review" of one's tax return. Any confusion is quickly resolved by presentation of the proper documentation.
- Active in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets for 6 years
- 570 Sir Winston Churchill Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron 1996-1999
- Drill team Commander for Sports and Drill competition - 1999
- Awarded three scholarship courses consecutively, each through an extremely competitive selection process
- Technical Training Course - Borden ON, 1997
- Regional Gliding School (RGS) - Gimli MB, 1998. Obtained Transport Canada License -
- Flying Scholarship (Power) - Calgary AB, 1999. Obtained Transport Canada License -
- Selected to participate in a Senior Cadet Concentration Exercise - mixed elements of Sea, Land, and Army cadets
- Senior Cadet Winter training exercise, -30°C with Military arctic equipment including tents and sleds.
- Instructed cadets in a number areas including: Leadership, Effective Speaking, Citizenship, Instructional Techniques, Meteorology, Navigation, Principles of Flight.
- Volunteer Staff at Villeneuve Airport, assisted operations while conducting orientation flights for area cadet squadrons
- Participated in a glider restoration project.
- 52 City of Calgary Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron 1994-1996
- Completed Cadet Basic Training course in Penhold, AB, 1995
- Member of Drill Team
- BBS Sysop - The Finitely Infinite BBS (1996-1999)
- Network Administration of the "new" Windows 3.1/Novell Network (1995-1996 - Wilma Hansen Jr. High School, Calgary)